What is a Brow Lift?
A brow lift is one of the suite of options Dr. Ridgway may recommend to help you see the improvements you want in your facial appearance. Based on your discussions, Dr. Ridgway may explore how a brow lift could address wrinkle lines on your forehead, frown lines between your brows or skin relaxations that may have caused your eyebrows to drop, hooding your upper eyelids.
Depending upon your goals, Dr. Ridgway will determine whether a brow lift by itself or performed in conjunction with other procedures will achieve the results you want.
A brow lift:
- Reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead, as well as those that occur on the bridge of your nose or between your eyes
- Improves frown lines – the vertical creases that can develop between your eyebrows
- Raises sagging brows that are hooding your upper eyelids
- Places your eyebrows in an alert and youthful position
Other cosmetic procedures that may be performed with a brow lift include:
- Upper and or lower eyelid tucks
- Skin resurfacing techniques
You may be a candidate for brow lift surgery if you:
- Are physically healthy
- Don't smoke
- Have a positive outlook and realistic goals
PROCEDURE LENGTH1-2 hours
ANESTHESIALocal or general, depends on extent
RECOVERY1 week back at work
1 week light exercise
2 - 3 weeks more strenuous activity
4 - 8 weeks for swelling to completely resolve