What is a Facelift?
With a facelift, also called a rhytidectomy, Dr. Ridgway is able to restore your facial appearance, enabling you to present a more polished, youthful version of yourself in a way that looks and feels natural. In exploring the options a facelift can create for you, Dr. Ridgway will evaluate your individual characteristics, including your hairline, cheek bone structure, jaw line, and skin.
A facelift may decrease visible signs of aging in your face and neck, such as:
- Sagging in the middle of your face
- Deep creases below your lower eyelids
- Deep creases along your nose that may extend to the corner of your mouth
- Fat that has fallen or disappeared
- Loss of skin tone in your lower face, creating the appearance of jowls
- Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under your chin and jaw can give the appearance of a double chin
What is a Neck Lift?
Based on your goals, a neck lift may be an option for you to discuss with Dr. Ridgway. Addressing the visible signs of aging along your jawline and neck, a neck lift may be performed as part of a facelift, particularly if the skin characteristics of your neck area doesn't match your facial appearance. Based upon your conversation with Dr. Ridgway, you may determine that a neck lift alone will achieve the results you desire. Ultimately, we’ll work with you to ensure procedures create a harmonious appearance where your face, neck, eyes and brow compliment each other. Neck lift surgeries are tailored to your individual anatomy, and may involve liposuction and or skin incisions. Depending on your physiology, we may recommend procedures that address excess fat and skin relaxation in your lower face that have created jowls, excess fullness under your chin, loose neck skin and bands in your neck.
In general, good candidates for a facelift or neck lift include:
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that impair healing
- Individuals who are not required to take aspirin or blood thinning agents such as coumadin or plavix
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations
Depending upon your goals, we may look at other options in conjunction with a facelift, including a brow lift, eyelid surgery, or a fat transfer to add fullness to the lips and cheeks and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
PROCEDURE LENGTHFacelift: 2-6 hours
Neck Lift: 2-3 hours
RECOVERYFacelift: return to work in 2-3 weeks
Neck Lift: 2-4 weeks
DURATION OF RESULTSFacelift: 10-15 years
Neck Lift: 10+ years