What is a Thigh Lift?
As we regard our bodies we can sometimes find we focus our frustrations on a single aspect - our thighs, our buttocks, our arms. Whether addressed independently or as part of an effort to create change across more of your body, a thigh lift may be a procedure to consider to create a slimmer profile. During consultation, Dr. Ridgway will help you determine whether a thigh lift may give your upper legs a firmer, more-youthful looking shape that is proportionate with your overall body image.
In general, candidates for a thigh lift are:
- People whose weight is relatively stable
- Individuals with excess soft tissue along the inner or medial thigh region and/or the outer thigh
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals for what thigh lift surgery can accomplish
- Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle, including proper nutrition and fitness
What it won't do
Thigh lifts are not intended strictly for the removal of excess fat. Liposuction alone can remove excess fat deposits where your skin has good elasticity and is able to naturally conform to new body contours. In cases where skin elasticity is poor, Dr. Ridgway may recommend a combination of liposuction and thigh lift techniques.
PROCEDURE LENGTH3-4 hours (depending on extent of procedure)
RECOVERYBack at work in 2 weeks
Resume light exercise at 2 weeks
Resume strenuous activity at 6 weeks
8-12 weeks for swelling to resolve