What is the VI Peel?
A highly effective treatment for the many signs of skin aging, this peel is ideal for treating aging skin, pigmentation (even melasma), sun damage, fine lines, uneven texture, large pores, dull skin and acne. Suitable for any skin type or color.
How does it work?
The VI Peel® contains a synergistic blend of powerful ingredients suitable for a variety of skin types. This peel improves the tone, texture and clarity of the skin. It reduces or eliminates age spots, addresses hyperpigmentation and softens fine lines and wrinkles. The VI Peel® is an excellent choice for healthier, firmer, more youthful skin. This self-neutralizing peel provides dramatic results with virtually no pain, no skin preparation and minimal downtime in as little as seven days.
• Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) is a non-toxic chemical (Trichloracetic Acid), which has been used to perform skin peels for over 20 years. It is a relative to vinegar (Acetic Acid). When TCA is applied to the skin, it causes the top layers of cells to dry up and peel off over a period of several days to one week. It provides excellent exfoliation while stimulating collagen production.
• Retinoic Acid (vitamin A) promotes collagen and elastin production, helps to increase water levels within the epidermis, normalizes cell turnover and is a melanogenesis inhibitor. Retinoic Acid triggers exfoliation and unclogs the pores while boosting collagen and elastin production.
• Salicylic Acid is a Beta Hydroxyl Acid (BHA) with anti-inflammatory properties and acts as an agent to exfoliate the skin. It can improve skin thickness, barrier function and collagen function.
• Phenol has the ability to trap free radicals, works as a chemical cauterant to exfoliate the skin, has preservative properties and in low percentages is an effective numbing agent.
• L-Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) is a stable, water soluble form of vitamin C. It is an antioxidant, a photo protectant (protects from UV damage), stimulates collagen production, brightens the skin and suppresses melanogenesis.
Each VI Peel® incorporates a two-part system to optimize satisfaction. After the initial application of the peel, three Retinoic Acid towelettes are applied at home as part of their post peel treatment regimen. You will enjoy radiant, younger looking skin in as a little as seven days.
What sets the VI Peels apart?
VI Aesthetics offers an effective approach to achieving healthier, younger looking skin and providing superior results for a variety of skin types and conditions. Unlike other chemical peels, the VI Peel® treatments are easy to apply, virtually painless, require no skin pre-conditioning, and deliver results in as little as seven days. These peels are also multi-taskers because they nurture the skin with vitamins and minerals throughout the exfoliation process. The peels are suitable for the face and body.
- Your office treatment is followed by an at-home treatment that produces longer lasting results than ordinary peels.
- The VI Peels provide epidermal renewal and dermal stimulation.
- This patient-friendly peel is for everyone, any skin type or color.
- No sedation is required.
- This treatment supports skin barrier function and improves your skin’s ability to repair and renew itself.